Dr. Deepak Amban Mishra
Assistant Professor, Earth Sciences
- Experimental Rock Mechanics
- Engineering Properties of Rocks
- Rock Failure Mechanism
- Geothermal Resources
Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy, Visakhapatnam
Earth Sciences, Room - 307
2nd Floor, AU Engg College Main Block,
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam,
Andhra Pradesh 530003
Sedimentary and Petroleum Geology
Ph.D. Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, 2013
- 2017-present, Assistant Professor, Department of Petroleum Engineering & Earth Sciences, Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy, Visakhapatnam, AP, India.
- 2014-2016, Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute of Geonics, Czech Academy of Sciences, Ostrava, Czech Republic
Member of Professional Bodies
- Member: International Society of Rock Mechanics (ISRM)
- Member: American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
- Mishra DA, Srigyan M, Basu A, Rokade PJ. (2015) Soft computing methods for estimating the uniaxial compressive strength of intact rock from index tests. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 80, 418–424.
- Basu A, Mishra DA (2014) A method for estimating crack-initiation stress of rock materials by porosity. Journal of the Geological Society of India, 84, 397-405.
- Basu A, Behera U, Mishra
DA (2013) Brazilian and ring tests in assessing indirect tensile
strength of sandstone. Journal of Engineering Geology, XXXVIII (1),
- Basu A, Mishra DA,
Roychowdhury K (2013) Failure modes of rock materials under uniaxial
compression, Brazilian test condition and point loading. Bulletin of
Engineering Geology and the Environment, 72, 457-475.
- Mishra DA, Basu A (2013)
Estimation of uniaxial compressive strength of rock materials from index tests
using regression analysis and fuzzy inference system. Engineering Geology,
- Mishra DA, Basu A (2012) Use of the block punch test to predict the compressive and tensile strengths of rocks. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 51, 119-127.
Mishra DA, Janeček I (2017) Laboratory triaxial testing–From historical outlooks to technical aspects; Procedia Engineering, 191, 332-341
Janeček I, Mishra DA (2017), Deformational Response of Rocks to Uniaxial, Biaxial, and Triaxial Loading or Unloading Regimes; Procedia Engineering, 191, 332-341
Janecek I, Mishra DA (2016) Non-standard In-situ Loading Paths In 3D Stress Space Through Laboratory Triaxial Experiments. 7th International Symposium on In-Situ Rock Stress, Tampere, Finland.
Mishra DA, Basu A (2009) Microstructural control on uniaxial compressive strength of granitic rocks. Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Concrete, Structural, and Geotechnical Engineering (ACSGE), BITS Pilani, India.
Associate Dean (Academic Affairs and Admin)
- 21RS9001 - Mr. Abhilash Mishra
- 21RS9008 - Mr. Rajeswar Das