Asst.Professor , Department of Petroleum Engineering & Earth Sciences
- Gas hydrate
- Enhance Oil Recovery (EOR)
- Hydraulic Fracturing Fluid Design
- Drilling fluid for Unconventional Resources
Department of Petroleum
Engineering (Room No 307)
Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy, Visakhapatnam
2nd Floor, AU Engg College, Main Block
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- Reservoir Engineering
- Oil & Gas Well Testing
- Unconventional Hydrocarbon Resources
- Petroleum Engineering System Design
PhD in Petroleum Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (ISM) Dhanbad
- July, 2018 – present: Assistant Professor, IIPE, Visakhapatnam
- December, 2016 – June, 2018: Assistant Professor, DIT University, Dehradun.
Member of Professional Bodies
Professional member of Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Kakati H, Kar S, Mandal A, Laik, S. Methane Hydrate Formation and Dissociation in Oil-in-Water Emulsion. Energy & Fuels 2014.
- Kakati H, Mandal A, Laik S. Phase Stability and Kinetics of CH4 + CO2 + N2 Hydrates in Synthetic Seawater and Aqueous Electrolyte Solutions of NaCl and CaCl2. Journal of Chemical Engineering & Data 2015.
- Kakati H, Mandal A, Laik S. Effect of SDS/THF on thermodynamic and kinetic properties of formation of hydrate from a mixture of gases (CH4+C2H6+C3H8) for storing gas as hydrate. Journal of Energy Chemistry 2016.
- Kakati H, Mandal A, Laik S. Promoting effect of Al2O3/ZnO – based nanofluid stabilized by SDS surfactant on CH4+C2H6+C3H8 hydrate formation. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 2016.
- Kakati H, Mandal A, Laik S. Synergistic effect of Polyvinyl Pyrrolidone (PVP) and Ltyrosine on kinetic inhibition of CH4+C2H4+C3H8 hydrate formation. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering 2016.
- Kar S, Kakati H, Mandal A, Laik, S. Experimental and modeling study of kinetics for methane hydrate formation in crude oil-in-water emulsion. Petroleum Science 2016.
- Pandey R, Kakati H, Mandal A, Laik, S. Thermodynamic Modeling of Equilibrium Conditions of CH4/CO2/N2 Clathrate Hydrate in Presence of Aqueous Solution of Sodium Chloride Inhibitor. Petroleum Science and Technology 2017.
1. "Experimental Studies on the Applicability of PP Based Shock Wave Generation Technology for EOR Jobs" BRNS (As Co-PI)
- Hostel Warden
Mr. Raghavendra Maddirala (Enrolled in 2022)
- " Unconventional Hydrocarbon E&P " at AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh.
- " Gas Production from Hydrate Reservoir " at Presidency University, Bengaluru.