Dr. Himangshu Kakati
Asst.Professor , Dept. of Petroleum Engineering & Earth Sciences
- Gas hydrate
- Enhance Oil Recovery (EOR)
- Hydraulic Fracturing Fluid Design
- Drilling fluid for Unconventional Resources
Department of Petroleum
and Earth Sciences
Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy, Visakhapatnam
- Reservoir Engineering
- Oil & Gas Well Testing
- Unconventional Hydrocarbon Resources
- Petroleum Engineering System Design
PhD in Petroleum Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (ISM) Dhanbad
- July, 2018 – present: Assistant Professor, IIPE, Visakhapatnam
- December, 2016 – June, 2018: Assistant Professor, DIT University, Dehradun.
Member of Professional Bodies
Professional member of Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
1. Kakati H, Kar S, Mandal A, Laik, S. Methane Hydrate Formation and Dissociation in Oil-inWater Emulsion. Energy & Fuel.
2. Kakati H, Mandal A, Laik S. Phase Stability and Kinetics of CH4 + CO2 + N2 Hydrates in Synthetic Seawater and Aqueous Electrolyte Solutions of NaCl and CaCl2. Journal of Chemical Engineering & Data.
Kakati H, Mandal A, Laik S. Promoting effect of Al2O3/ZnO – based nanofluid stabilized by
SDS surfactant on CH4+C2H6+C3H8 hydrate formation. Journal of Industrial and Engineering