Dr. P. Venkata Reddy
Assistant Professor , Department of Chemical Engineering
Water Distribution Networks, Cyber Physical Systems, Machine Learning applications in Process Design, Process Control, Fault detection and isolation, Natural gas distribution networks.
Email : email@example.com
- Computer Aided Process Engineering
- Chemical Reaction Engineering-I
- Intro to Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Process Calculations
Chemical Reaction Engineering-II
- Reaction Engineering Laboratory
- Instrumentation and Process Control Lab
2012- 2016 PhD- IIT Madras
2019 October- Present Assistant Professor - Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy-Visakhapatnam
2017 January- 2019 September Research Fellow - Singapore University of Technology and Design
2016 September- 2016 December Research Assistant - Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Palleti, V., Adepu, S., Mishra, V.., Aditya Mathur., Cascading effects of cyber-attacks on interconnected critical infrastructure. Cybersecurity 4, 8 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1186/s42400-021-00071-z
- Yoong, C.H., Palleti, V.R., Maiti, R.Ranjan., Arlindo Silva., C.M. Poskitt. Deriving invariant checkers for critical infrastructure using axiomatic design principles. Cybersecurity 4, 6 (2021).
- Sridhar Adepu, Venkata Reddy Palleti, Gyanendra Mishra and Aditya Mathur, In-vestigation of Cyber Attacks on a Water Distribution System, 2nd international Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Industrial Internet-of-ThingsSecurity (AIoTS).
- V. R. Palleti, Vishrut Kumar Mishra, Mujeeb Choudhary, and Aditya Mathur, Can Replay Attacks to Steal Water from Water Distribution Systems Remain Undetected?, ACM transactions on Cyber Physical Systems-ACM TCPS, 5 (1), 1-19, 2020.
- Casper de Winter, V. R. Palleti, Daniel, Robert Kooij, Optimal Placement of Imperfect Water Quality Sensors in Water Distribution Networks, Computers and Chemical Engineering Journal 121(2019), 200-211.
- Vishrut Kumar Mishra, V. R. Palleti and Aditya Mathur, A Modeling Framework for Critical Infrastructure and its Application in Detecting Cyber-Attacks on a Water Distribution System, International Journal of Critical Infrastructure Protection, 26(2019),100298.
- Casper de Winter, Palleti V. R, Daniel, Robert Kooij, Measuring Imperfectness of sensors in Water Distribution Networks in Measurement Science and Technology Journal, 30(2019),095101.
- V. R. Palleti, Varghese Kurian, S. Narasimhan and R. Rengasamy, Actuator Network Design to Mitigate Contamination Effects in Water Distribution Networks, Computers & Chemical Engineering Journal 108 (2018),194-205.
- V. R. Palleti, Tan Tu Chong, Lakshminarayanan Samavedham, A Mechanistic Fault Detection and Isolation Approach Using Kalman Filter to Improve the Security of Cyber Physical Systems, Journal of Process Control 68 (2018),160-170.
- V. R. Palleti, Jude Victor, Arlindo Silva, A Contribution of Axiomatic Design Principles to the Analysis and Impact of Attacks on Critical Infrastructures, International Journal of Critical Infrastructure Protection 23 (2018),21-32.
- V. R. Palleti, S. Narasimhan, R. Rengasamy, Raviteja and B. S. Murthy, Sensor Network Design for Contaminant Detection and Identification in Water Distribution Networks, Computers & Chemical Engineering journal, 87 (2016) 246-256.
- DD Tiwari, S Naskar, AS Sai, VR Palleti
, Attack Detection Using Unsupervised Learning Algorithms in Cyber-Physical Systems,
Computer Aided Chemical Engineering 50, 1259-1264, ESCAPE-31 Conference, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Cheah Huei Yoong, Venkata Reddy Palleti, Arlindo Silva, and Christopher M.Poskitt, Towards Systematically Deriving Defence Mechanisms from Functional Requirements of Cyber-Physical Systems, CPSS’20.
- Sridhar Adepu, Venkata Reddy Palleti, Gyanendra Mishra and Aditya Mathur,Investigation of Cyber Attacks on a Water Distribution System, Applied Cryp-tography and Network Security Workshops, Springer International Publishing(2020), 274-291 .
- Pouranas Evangelos, Riccardo Taormina, Manish Thapa, Stefano, Galellio,Venkata Reddy Palleti and Rober Kooij,Self-healing against Cascading Failuresin Power-to-Power-to-Water Interdependent Networks, March 2020, pp 16–20, ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation, New York, USA.
- Cheng Feng, Palleti V. R, Deeph Chana and Aditya Mathur,A SystematicFramework to Generate Invariants for Anomaly Detection in Industrial Control Systems” The Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS),24-27 February 2019, San Diego, CA.
- Mujeeb, Palleti V. R, Aditya Mathur,WADI: A Water Distribution Testbed for Research in the Design of Secure Cyber Physical Systems in the proceedings of 3rdInternational workshop on Cyber-Physical Systems for Smart Water Networks, Pittsburgh, USA, 25-28, April 2017.
- V. R. Palleti, S. Narasimhan and R. Rengasamy,Optimal Sensor Placement for Contamination Detection and Identification in Water Distribution Networks, in the proceedings of ESCAPE-24, Budapest, 1447-1452, June 2014.
- V. R. Palleti, S. Narasimhan and R. Rengasamy, Sensor Network Design for early Intrusion Detection and Identification in Water Distribution Networks,in the proceedings of2ndIndian Control Conference (ICC), 134-139, IITHyderabad 2016 .
- V. R. Palleti, S. Narasimhan and R. Rengasamy,Exploiting Sensor Response Times to Design Sensor Networks for Monitoring Water Distribution Networks”in the proceedings of4thAdvances in Control and Optimization of Dynamical Systems (ACODS), 492-497, NIT Tiruchirapally, 2016 .
- V. R. Palleti, S. Narasimhan and R. Rengasamy, “Sensor Network Design for Water Distribution Networks under Variable Demand Patterns”, 10th AOTULE-Conference, Singapore, November 1-3, 2015.
Co-Investigator of the project "A two-track approach to CPS Reconnaissance: causal-graphs and axiomatic design" , Funded by National Research Foundation (NRF)- Singapore,2019-2021. (445K SGD, PI: Prof. Arlindo Silva)
Awards & Honors
- Technical Program Committee member for second International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Industrial Internet-of-Things Security . (AIoTS-2020, Italy)
- Technical Program Committee member for third International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Industrial Internet-of-Things Security . (AIoTS-2021, Japan) Technical Program Committee
Panelist for IITM Research Initiatives Spotlight - Network Systems Learning, Control and Evolution - Big Networks Cluster