Roshan Kumar Singh
Assistant professor in the Dept of Petroleum Engineering and Earth Sciences
- Mineral Exploration - Integrated studies of Geophysical methods.
- Geothermal Exploration - Joint interpretation of Geophysical datasets.
- Resistivity imaging of Oceanic mantle - Application of Marine Magnetotelluric data.
- Lithospheric mapping of Continents - Magnetotelluric studies over continents
- Petrophysical Characterization - Estimating the mineralization potential of an area.
Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy, Visakhapatnam
Room - 316
2nd Floor, AU Engineering College Main Block,
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam,
Andhra Pradesh - 530003
- Ph.D., Applied Geophysics, Indian Institute of Technology (ISM) Dhanbad, 2020
- M.Sc. Tech., Applied Geophysics, Indian School of Mines Dhanbad, 2014
- Assistant Professor, IIPE Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India (Feb. 2023 - Present)
- Project Researcher, ERI, The University of Tokyo, Japan (Nov. 2021 - Nov. 2022)
- Contract Researcher, ERI, The University of Tokyo, Japan ( Feb. 2021 - Oct. 2021)
- Junior Research Fellow, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, India (Feb. 2020 - Jan. 2021)
- DAAD Fellow, GFZ, Potsdam, Germany (Oct. 2018 - Sep. 2019)
- Visiting Researcher, National Observatory, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (March. 2017 - July. 2017)
Member of Professional Bodies
of Geomagnetism and Aeronomy (IAGA)
- Bagchi, A., Singh, R.K., Shalivahan and Sinharay, R.K., 2022. 3D Phase tensor inversion and Joint inversion using impedance and phase tensor components aiming better subsurface mapping and interpretation in Dhanjori basin, Singhbhum craton, eastern India. Journal of Applied Geophysics, 202, 104646.
- Singh, R.K., Maurya, V.P., Shalivahan, and Singh, S., 2019. Imaging Regional Geology and Au–Sulphide mineralization over Dhanjori greenstone belt: Implications from 3-D Inversion of Audio Magnetotelluric data and Petrophysical Characterization. Ore Geology Reviews, 106, 369-386.
- Singh, R.K., Gupta, A.K., Maurya, V.P., Singh, S., and Shalivahan, 2019. 3D Inversion of Audio Magnetotelluric Data for Sulphide Mineralization over Dhanjori Basin. Journal of the Geological Society of India, 93, 213-217.
- Gupta, A.K., Singh, R.K., and Srivastava, S., 2019. Investigation of auriferous mineralisation over greenstone schist belt of Dhanjori Basin, Eastern India using 2D electrical resistivity tomography and induced polarisation surveys. Exploration Geophysics, 50, 364-375.
- Maurya, V.P., Singh, R.K., Shalivahan, and Bhattacharya, B.B., 2018. Magnetotelluric exploration of a deposit scale prospecting over a proterozoic volcanics, Eastern India. Journal of Applied Geophysics, 159, 666-677.
- Singh, S., Maurya, V.P., Singh, R.K., Srivastava, S., Tripathi, A. and Adhikari, P.K., 2018. Audio-magnetotelluric investigation of sulfide mineralization in Proterozoic–Archean greenstone belts of Eastern Indian Craton. Journal of Earth System Science, 127, 1-18.
- Agarwal, A., Chandra, A., Shalivahan, S., and Singh, R.K., 2018. Grey wolf optimizer: a new strategy to invert geophysical data sets. Geophysical Prospecting, 66, 1215-1226.
- Chandra, A., Agarwal, A., Shalivahan, S., and Singh, R.K., 2017. Grey wolf optimisation for inversion of layered earth geophysical datasets. Near Surface Geophysics, 15, 499-513.
- Yadav, P.K., Adhikari, P.K., Shalivahan, Tripathi, A., Singh, S., Singh, R.K., and Bage, A.K., 2017. Magnetic and radiometric signatures over a Proterozoic massive sulfide setting of northern fringe of Dalma Volcanics, eastern India: An implication to metallogeny. Journal of the Geological Society of India, 89, 705-710.
- Yadav, P.K., Adhikari, P.K., Srivastava, S., Maurya, V.P., Tripathi, A., Singh, S., Singh, R.K. and Bage, A.K., 2018. Lithologic boundaries from gravity and magnetic anomalies over Proterozoic Dalma volcanics. Journal of Earth System Science, 127, 1-9.
- Adhikari, P.K., Yadav, P.K., Srivastava, S., Maurya, V.P., Singh, S., Tripathi, A., Singh, R.K. and Bage, A.K., 2017. Near-surface high resolution imaging of a metallogenic zone in the northern fringe of Dalma volcanics in eastern India using electrical resistivity tomography. Exploration Geophysics, 48, 394-400.
Singh, R.K., Usui Y, Baba, K., and Jegen M., 2022. Analyzing the distribution pattern “Symmetry and Spread” of Normalized Residual of Magnetotelluric Data. Abstract: Japan Geoscience Union Meeting 2022, Chiba, Japan.
Singh, R.K., Weckmann, U., Srivastava, S., and Cruces-Zabala, J., 2019. First Resistivity Models Over the Bakreswar Geothermal Province, Eastern India using Audio- Magnetotelluric Data. Abstract: A21p-021, 27th IUGG General Assembly, Montreal, Canada.
Mishra, A.K., Srivastava, S., and Singh, R.K., 2019. Petrophysical Characterization of Au -Sulphide Mineralization over Dhanjori Greenstone Belt, Eastern India. Abstract: IUGG19-0098, 27th IUGG General Assembly, Montreal, Canada.
Singh, R.K., Shalivahan, and Maurya, V.P., 2018. 3-D Joint inversion of MT+AMT data over Proterozoic Dalma Volcanics, Eastern India. Abstract, 24th EM Induction Workshop, Helsingør, Denmark.
Gupta, A., Singh, R.K., Shalivahan & Mondal, S., 2018. Localization of Sulfide Mineralization using 2D Electrical Resistivity Tomography and Enhanced Local Wave number techniques over Bouguer Gravity anomaly, 19th Annual Conference, IAMG, 2018, Olomouc, Czech Republic.
Gupta, A., Srivastava, S., and Singh, R.K., 2018. 3D ERT/IP Imaging for Sulfide Mineralization over Proterozoic metavolcanics in Dhanjori Basin, Eastern Singhbhum, India. Conference Proceedings, EAGE-HAGI 1st Asia Pacific Meeting on Near Surface Geoscience and Engineering, 2018, Volume 2018, p-5. 10.3997/2214-4609.201800383.
Singh, R.K., Maurya, V.P., and Shalivahan., 2017. Audiomagnetotellurics Studies over a Mineral Prospecting of a Proterozoic Volcanics, Eastern India, 15th International Congress of the Brazilian Geophysical Society and EXPOGEf, 2017, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 713-716. 10.1190/sbgf2017-140.
Shalivahan, Maurya, V.P., Bhattacharya, B.B., and Singh, R.K., 2017. Tipper Magnitude: Revisited. 189-193. 15th International Congress of the Brazilian Geophysical Society and EXPOGEf, 2017, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, https://doi.org/10.1190/sbgf2017-037.
Singh, R.K., and Tiwari, V.M., 2016. Estimation of Co-seismic gravity change for the earhtquake in Koyna-Warna region. Abstracts. The Deep Earth T31.P4 - The Deep Earth, paper no. 3268. 35th IGC, Cape Town South Africa.Singh, R.K., 2015, December. Sandbox experiments on Uraninite Ore: ERT and SP measurments. Abstracts. MR21A-2604, AGU Fall Meeting.
Awards & Honors
- Long-term visiting researcher fellowship, 2021-22 - Earthquake Research Institute, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Bi-nationally Supervised Doctoral Degrees, 2018-19 - Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD).
- Visiting Researcher Fellowship, 2017 - National Observatory, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Travel grant - International Union of Geodesy and Geomagnetism (IUGG)
- Travel grant - International Association of Mathematical Geosciences (IAMG)
- Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering, (GATE) - 2015 & 2016