Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering
- Surface Engineering: Surface Functionalization of Polymer Substrates, Membrane Surface Modification
- Plasma Processing: Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (PECVD - Radio Frequency, Pulsed DC)
- Waste Water Engineering: Antifouling Membranes for Wastewater Treatment in Membrane Bioreactor (MBR)
- Two-phase flow: Hydrodynamic investigations on gas-liquid, liquid-liquid flow
- Catalyst Design: Diffusion and surface reaction of porous catalyst
Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy,
Department of Chemical Engineering Main Building, Floor II
AU college of Engineering (AUCE), Visakhapatnam 530003, AP, INDIA
- Fluid Mechanics and Multiphase Flow (BS 20002), SEMESTER III
- Heat Transfer (CH 20003), SEMESTER IV
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Reaction Engineering II (CH 30002), SEMESTER V
- Process Equipment Design (CH 30008), SEMESTER VI
- Mass Transfer Laboratory
- Fluid Flow Laboratory
2013-2018; Ph.D in Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
2009-2011; M.Tech in Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
- August 2019 to present: Assistant Professor; Department of Chemical Engineering; IIPE, Visakhapatnam
- September 2018 to July 2019: Assistant Professor; Department of Chemical Engineering; Assam Engineering College, Guwahati (Govt. of Assam)
- November 2017 to September 2018: Assistant Professor; Department of Chemical Engineering; C. V. Raman College of Engineering, Odisha
- October 2012 to October 2017: Senior Research Fellow; Project sponsored by BRNS, Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Govt. of India, Mumbai.
- June 2011 to September 2012:Assistant Professor;
Department of Chemical Engineering;
Rajiv Gandhi University of
Knowledge Technology, (Govt. of AP)
- S. Jamkar, A. Tripathy, S. Mallik, D. Pal, Methodologies of removal of heavy metals from contaminated water using various waste materials: A comprehensive review, 2023, Accepted in ChemBioEng Reviews (IF: 4.8)
- T. Hazarika, P. Das, J. Jose, B. Kakati, D. Pal, R. Saikia, M. K. Mahanta, Flux enhancement of cellulose nitrate membrane through plasma-assisted route for waste and mud water treatment, Polymers for Advanced Technologies 34 (2023) 2862-2878. (IF: 3.4)
- D. Deo, S.Singh, S. Mohanty, S. Guhathakurata, D. Pal, S. Mallik, Biomimicking of Phyto-based Superhydrophobic Surfaces towards Prospective Applications: A Review, Journal of Materials Science 57 (2022) 8569–8596 (IF: 4.1)
- N. Venkata Subrahmanyam, Jayadeekshitha M, K. Raj, M. Nallamothu, D. Pal, Enhancing the overall heat transfer coefficient through tube rotation of a heat exchanger: An analytical approach, Recent Innovations in Chemical Engineering, 15 (2022) 272 - 286 **
- S. Ghosh, D. Pal, Mathematical modelling of Non-Isothermal Tubular Reactor, Current Materials Science 15 (2022) 3-10.**
- S. Ghosh, D. Pal, Diffusion and surface reaction in porous cubical catalyst: A mathematical approach, Recent Innovations in Chemical Engineering 15 (2022) 60-69.**
- M. Jayadeekshitha, Karthik Raj, Nistala Venkata Subrahmanyam, Dipankar Pal, Hydrophilic surface modification of polymeric membranes to improve antifouling property in membrane bioreactor: a review, International Journal of Forensic Engineering, 2022 Inderscience Publishers Geneva (Accepted)**
- M. Jayadeekshitha, N. V. Subrahmanyam, K. Raj, D. Pal, Antibacterial Surfaces: A Comprehensive Review, Journal of Polymer & Composites, 8 (2020) 3**
- D. Pal, S. Neogi, S. De, Comparative study of hydrophilic modification of polyacrylonitrile membranes by nitrogen and carbon dioxide RF plasma, Polymer Engineering & Science, 59 (2019) 2148-2158. (IF: 2.573)
- D. Pal, S. Neogi, S. De, Hydrophilic surface modification of polyacrylonitrile based membrane: effect of low temperature radio frequency carbon dioxide plasma, Polymer Bulletin, 75 (2017) 3567-3586. (IF: 2.843)
- D. Pal, S. Neogi, S. De, Treatment of polyacrylonitrile co‐polymer membrane by low temperature radio‐frequency nitrogen plasma, Polymers for Advanced Technologies, 29 (2018) 775-784. (IF: 3.348)
- S. Thakur, D. Pal, S. Neogi, Prevention of biofilm attachment by plasma treatment of polyethylene, Surface Innovations 4 (2016) 33-38. (IF: 3.016)
- D. Pal, S. Neogi, S. De, Improved antifouling characteristics of acrylonitrile co-polymer membrane by low temperature pulsed ammonia plasma in the treatment of oil–water emulsion, Vacuum 131 (2016) 293-304. (IF: 4.1)
- D. Pal, S. Neogi, S. De, Surface modification of polyacrylonitrile co-polymer membranes using pulsed direct current nitrogen plasma, Thin Solid Films 597 (2015) 171-182. (IF: 2.35)
- J. Dasgupta, S. Chakraborty, J. Sikder, R. Kumar, D. Pal, S. Curcio, E. Drioli, The effects of thermally stable titanium silicon oxide nanoparticles on structure and performance of cellulose acetate ultrafiltration membranes, Separation and Purification Technology 133 (2014) 55-68. (IF: 9.13)
- D. Pal, Energy storage in phase change material: A theoretical study, All India Seminar on Bo – fuels, Bio energy & Bio –
economy, Organized by The Institution of Engineers (India) Assam State Centre,
29th October, 2018.
- D. Pal, S. De, S. Neogi, Surface Modification of Polyacrylonitrile Co-Polymer Membranes Using Pulsed Direct Current Plasma. Conference: The African Membrane Society First International Congress: SFAX 2016-May 3rd to 5th 2016-Tunisia, Energy Aspect of Desalination Processes.
- D. Pal, S. De, S. Neogi, Surface modification of polyacrylonitrile co-polymer membranes using pulsed DC nitrogen plasma, presented in the International Workshop under New INDIGO Scheme on "Hybrid Membrane Based Separation Processes for Treatment of Industrial Wastewater" held at IIT Kharagpur on April 2014.
- D. Pal, S. De, S. Neogi, Surface modification of polyacrylonitrile based membrane: Effect of low temperature pulsed DC discharge of nitrogen and ammonia plasma by. Conference: 6th world congress on adhesion and related phenomena in conjunction with 41st annual meeting of the adhesion society.
- Institute Research Grant (IRG) on "The development of an antifouling membrane bioreactor (MBR)" (2022-2025).
- Awarded Collaborative Research Project (Project Code: CRSAEC09) Title: Development of Antifouling Membranes using Low-Temperature Plasma) funded by World Bank (under TEQIP -III program of MHRD, Govt. of India), 2019-2022, Reff. No.: ASTU/TEQIP- III/CR/2019/548/7727 (Completed).
- Awarded CRS Project ( (Project Code: CRSAEC10) Title: Removal of arsenic and fluoride from groundwater of Kamrup district, Assam, India) funded by World Bank (under TEQIP -III program of MHRD, Govt. of India), 2019-2022. Reff. No.: ASTU/TEQIPIII/CR/2019/548/7700 (Completed).
- CRS project award (Reff. No.: CRS/ID: 1-5736903071) funded by NPIU as principal investigator (Amount: Rs. 1851000/-, Date: 18th June 2019).
Awards & Honors
- GATE Score: 580, All India Ranking: 72 in the year 2009.
- Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) Fellowship from 2012 to 2018.
- Awarded for best poster on "Surface modification of polymeric membrane using pulsed DC plasma" in Research Scholars’ Day, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, 2015.
- Second award for best poster on "Low temperature plasma treatment of PAN membranes " in Research Scholars’ Day, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, 2016.
Collaborative Research Project on "Removal of arsenic and fluoride from groundwater of Kamrup district, Assam, India" funded by TEQIP -III, MHRD, Govt. of India, Amount: 3 lakhs, 2019-2022. Reff. No.: ASTU/TEQIPIII/CR/2019/548/7700.
- Awarded Collaborative Research Project (Title: Development of Antifouling Membranes using Low Temperature Plasma) under TEQIP III, Govt. of INDIA (World bank funded); Amount: Rs. 300000/-, (11th May 2019). Reff. No.: ASTU/TEQIP-III/CR/2019/3851.
- CRS project award (Title: Development of Antifouling Membranes for Wastewater Treatment in Membrane Bioreactor) as a PI (under NPIU, Govt. of India); Amount: Rs. 1800000/-. (18th June 2019). Reff. No.: CRS/ID: 1-5736903071
- Invited Expert member (Ex) NRDC, Government of India
Expert member (Ex)
MHI, Government of India
- Outstanding Researcher in Chemical Engineering by 8th Venus International Science and Technology Awards – VISTA 2022
- Invited Editorial Board Member of Journal of Polymer & Composites, ESCI.
Invited Editorial Board Member of Journal of Polymer Materials, SCIE
1. Member of Academic Senate, IIPE
2. Faculty-in-Charge of Technical Committee
3. Faculty-in-Charge of EAA
4. Faculty-in-Charge of IIChE student chapter
5. Member of Fee-waiver Committee
1. Ankit Rawal
Delivered invited popular talk on “Surface Science and Engineering” in the Golden Jubilee Lecture Theatre of Assam State Centre, The Institute of Engineers (India), Guwahati 781001, 2nd February 2019
Delivered invited talk on “Surface Engineering of Polymeric Membrane” conducted by Centre of Chemistry & Chemical Excellence (CCCE) on 9th September 2020.
1. Experimental and Computational Multiphase Flow
2. Surface and Coatings Technology
3. Thin Solid Films.