The Office of the Dean (Research and Development) drives strategic planning and provides guidance for research programs, fostering new and interdisciplinary research initiatives and collaborations.
How to Apply For a Project?
The faculty members can apply for projects to various funding agencies by submitting the form
(Format for Forwarding R&D Proposal).
Each funding agency has its own format of endorsement. While sending the request, please send the relevant endorsement form as well.
Please send a copy of the entire proposal, including endorsement letter, certificate from investigators for office record.
How to get the Institute Project Number?
Once a project is sanctioned by the concerned funding agency, please send a request letter to Dean (R&D) for allocation of Institute Project Number along with the sanction letter of the funding agency.This number is a unique number and is mandatory for Operation the project. How to Get the Project Number
GST : 37AABAI0046CIZA
TAN : VPNI00723C
PAN : AABAI0046C
Unique ID No. (NGO DARPAN)
Some projects require Tax Invoice. Tax Invoice is issued by the Office of the Dean (R&D) on request of PI.
TDS exemption is furnished below:
Some PIs may require Tax Exemption under section 197 which allows Nil or Lower Tax Rate Deduction of TDS (or TDS Exemption). PIs desiring such exemption may send the request to Dean (R&D) office with following information:
- Amount Expected
- PAN of the Funding Agency
- TAN of the Funding Agency
- Address of the Funding Agency
- Type of Work
This certificate will be valid for a financial year only.
Travel for Project Work
Dean (R&D) endorses the application for travel support. Travel support is provided to :
- The PI or a regular staff of the institute can go for Project Leave up to a maximum of 15 days during a year without hampering the Lectures/Labs. Before proceeding for leave she/he needs to get the approval from the Competent Authority.
- The Project staff can proceed for field trips etc. by filling the Tour Approval Form and getting it approved from the Dean (R&D)
- It is advisable to plan such trips well in advance and without disturbing much of Lectures/Labs.
- On return, the claim for TA/DA should be made through
- TA Claim Form
- With the TA Claim form please attach a detailed tour diary stating the detailed work that was carried out.
Permission to be sought from Dean (R&D) for carrying out testing and analysis outside India. Furnish details of funding for testing/analysis along with request form.
Utilization Certificate (UC)/ Statement of Expenditure (SE)
PIs are advised to send the request to project section (through email: email@example.com) for preparing SE/UC well in advance. The Finance division will provide the SE/UC at the earliest.
Institute Purchase Manual to be followed for any purchase. Purchase manual and other related information can be found at : Link
Advance for Carrying Out Project Work
Staff advance for carrying Out Project work can be drawn by the PI as per institute norms by filling the Staff Advance Form.
Project Staff are not entitled for Advance. PIs can take advance on behalf of the Project Staff.
Advance once taken, needs to be settled within 30 days of return/Purchase of article, else interest would be charged as per GoI norms on the advance drawn.
At a time only one advance is allowed for PI.
Delegation of Financial Power to PI (Project Investigator) / CI (Consultant In-charge)/Programme Cordinator (PC)
Non - consumable (Non-recurring Items / Capital / asset items) : Upto Rs 25,000/-
Consumables (Recurring Items) : Upto Rs 25,000/-
When a PI Leaves the Institute
In such cases the guidelines of the funding agency would be followed. In case the funding agency permits to transfer the project where the PI joined after leaving IIPE Visakhapatnam, she/he needs to do the following:
- A letter from funding agency to transfer the project along with the assets purchased for the said project and transferring of unspent fund.
- Acceptance from the new institute .
- No Dues from the Concerned Head of the Department at IIPE Visakhapatnam for the same.
- Deletion of the items being trasferred from the Departmental and Central Asset Register.
- Subsequently, a letter will be issued by the Dean (R&D) in this regard .
Transfer of Project
Collaborative R&D Projects can be submitted where the faculty of IIPE can be PI or Co-PI. The Proposals should clearly mention about the fund requirement of the participating institute(s) along with Overhead charges.
If a faculty member from another institute/organization joins IIPE Visakhapatnam and she/he intends to transfer the sanctioned/ongoing project from her/his previous organization/institute, following would be required:
- A letter from funding agency to transfer the project along with the assets purchased for the said project and transferring of unspent fund|NOC from the host institute for trasfer of project
- Subsequently, a letter will be issued by the Dean (R&D) in this regard.
Recruitment in the Project
Dean (R&D) approval is needed for project recruitment.
For this purpose, following documents shall be sent to DORD Office for necessary processing and approval;
|ADVERTISMENT FOR HIRING MANPOWER FOR R&D
|APPROVAL OF ADVERTISEMENT AND FORMATION OF SCREENING
COMMITTEE AND SELECTION COMMITTEE_Final
Once it is approved by the Dean (R&D), the same has to be hosted on the Institute Website by the PI using following steps:
After the interview, Report of the Selection Committee is to be sent to Dean (R&D) for approval.
The Office of the Dean (R&D) issues the offer letter. The offer letter is then sent to the Project staff through Email with a copy to PI, HOD. The Project staff sends the acceptance of the offer through email within seven days of the offer.
Once the candidate joins, the following are to be submitted by the candidate to the Office of Dean (R&D)
- Joining Report for Project staff other than Inspire and PDF
- Joining Report for Inspire and PDF
- Sandwich PhD
- Travelling Abroad Form
- Joining Letter under Project
After the receipt of the same, notification related to joining is issued by the Office of the Dean (R&D).
In case the selected candidate does not join, then the offer will be sent to Wait Listed Candidate. Normally the panel is valid for One Year.
Guidelines for Project Staff Recruitment
Project staff Recruitment rules of different funding agencies rules as on January 2023 are given here. However, PI/CI are requested to check the latest notifications/rules of their project funding agencies and follow the latest Rules & Regulations.
- DST Guidelines for JRF-SRF-RA
- DST Guidelines for Technical Staff
- DRDO Guidelines Project Staff Recruitment
- CSIR Recruitment Circular for Fellowship
- UGC Circular for Fellowship
If funding agency guidelines are not available, then guidelines given below shall be followed:IIPE Visakhapatnam Guidelines