1. No married accommodation shall be provided to any student except Ph.D. students, subject to availability.
2. Once admitted into the hostel, a student will continue to be a hostel inmate throughout the academic year (unless debarred from the hostel on disciplinary grounds). Any allotment/availability of facilities will be done annually only. S/He is committed to paying the hostel fee for the full academic year.
3. If a student is compelled to leave the hostel in between the academic year for any reason (including medical), s/he has to forfeit the hostel fee paid for the whole year as it is to be paid to the vendor.
4. To discontinue availing hostel facility either temporarily or permanently, a student must submit (a) a written application to the concerned warden, (b) submitting the no dues form signed by all the concerned parties, (c) submission of parental consent letter/copy of the email. If a student wants to discontinue availing of the hostel facility permanently must submit his written application at least one month before the closing date of the Spring semester. Leaving the hostel without informing the concerned authorities would attract strict disciplinary action that would be dealt with by the disciplinary committee.
5. Residents shall occupy the rooms only after allotment is made by the concerned hostel wardens. Room change may be permitted in exceptional cases, by the concerned Warden. Unauthorized occupation of any room or exchange of rooms without prior permission shall be considered as serious violation of disciplinary rules. Students found guilty of such violation of the hostel rules will be called for disciplinary action, which may lead to expulsion from the hostel.
6. Any student not found in their allotted room in the night hour (without permission of hostel authorities) will be dealt with disciplinary action and may even attract expulsion from the hostel.
7. No parent/ guardian/ visitor of a student is permitted to visit the hostel rooms or stay in the hostel.
8. The last entry times for the hostel for the girls and boys are 9 PM and 10:00 PM, respectively, or as decided by the Institute from time to time. If any student has to stay out after the said time for any special reason, she/he must obtain prior permission from the concerned warden. Students reporting beyond the specified time will be dealt with disciplinary action/
9. Permission to stay outside the hostel at night in case of emergency is allowed only if permission is obtained from the authority in consultation with the parents with an appropriate leave form duly signed by the Warden is submitted.
10. Students who wish to go home for holiday/s should fill in the “leave form” and seek permission from the Warden at least two days in advance. In case of a sudden declaration of a holiday, the form can be given to the caretaker after promptly emailing the Warden. Violation of the same would attract necessary action by the disciplinary committee.
11. Every student should record his/her entry and exit at the hostel gate with timings and signature and give biometric information during entry and exit, failing which a letter would be sent to the parents. A fine, as decided by Authority, would be levied for each lapse. Signing on behalf of others is a severe offense and would be taken to the notice of the parents and disciplinary committee.
12. All the students must carry ID cards with them at all times. Identity Cards can be asked to be shown by any official, including security guards and bus service providers. Failure to produce the ID card will attract disciplinary action.
13. Resident students or Day Scholars are not permitted to enter any hostel and convene any meeting (of any sort) under any circumstances anywhere in the hostel premises without prior permission from the warden.
14. Hostel inmates are not permitted to take away any articles/utensils etc., from hostel/mess premises, not even to their rooms.
15. For any special medical treatment, the inmates should make their own arrangements and may be asked to stay at home with their parents. In case of any medical emergency, students should inform the caretaker/hostel administration/hostel warden immediately. In case of any accident/emergency at the hostel, students must approach the caretakers present to take the concerned student to the nearest medical facility/hospital. The emergency care expenses have to be borne by the student.
16. The caretaker will arrange transportation and escort service to the hospital for the student who is sick or needs emergency medical treatment. Students willing to volunteer to assist the ill should also inform the caretaker and the warden.
17. Students suffering from any contagious disease will not be allowed to stay in the hostel. Decision of the Hostel Administration in this regard will be final and binding.
18. Posters, notices, etc., can be displayed only on the noticeboard after approval from the Warden/Chief Warden. They should not be put up in rooms, lobbies, or open areas.
19. Spoiling the walls/hostel property by any means is strictly prohibited. Students should carefully handle hostel equipment, furniture, and mess property and refrain from tampering with any of them. The deposit amount of the students who have been found tampering with the hostel property by any means will be forfeited, and compensation will be charged up to the extent of the damage and will be at the discretion of the Warden in correspondence with the vendor.
20. Allotment of the room, furniture etc., will be entirely at the authorities' discretion, and no complaint in this regard will be entertained. Authorities hold the right to reshuffle the allotment of the rooms if the situation warrants so.
21. Student behavior and conduct should not cause inconvenience to hostel inmates. Students have to maintain a hygienic environment at the hostel.
22. Students should not keep large sums of money or valuable articles with them or in their rooms. The students should take proper care of their belongings. The hostel authorities don’t hold themselves responsible for the custody of the property of the students staying in the hostel.
23. No additional luxurious individual facilities are permitted in the hostel. If a student uses such, it would be immediately confiscated without any notice. Either a fine would be imposed on the defaulter or S/He will be expelled from the hostel or both actions may be taken, depending on the nature of the offense.
24. Use of heaters, coolers, iron, heating rods, and other electrical items is not permitted. If students are found using such items/tools, a penalty would be charged against the individual and the item would be confiscated by the authorities. In addition, keeping pets and engaging in any form of cooking by the students is prohibited
25. Use/storage of liquor, drugs, cigarettes, or any other intoxicants in the Hostel premises is strictly prohibited. If found any, it will be informed to the appropriate authorities to take further action.
26. Smoking is strictly prohibited in the hostel and premises.
27. Students are not allowed to indulge in fights or heated arguments with the hostel/vendor staff and fellow students. They must submit their complaints directly in the hostel office or the complaint register kept in the hostel. Serious /misconduct may attract expulsion from the hostel immediately, and the fees paid by the inmate will be forfeited.
28. Students will be penalized for indiscipline /anti-institutional activities in students' mess, institutional premises or in the IIPE buses. Also, disciplinary action may be initiated.
29. Use of any type of powered vehicle/two-wheelers is strictly prohibited by the UG students. Further, the UG hostel inmates are not allowed to use/borrow any bike/vehicle from day scholars, friends etc.
30. Students are not allowed to become members or allowed to join discussions of a political nature or take part in any political activity. If found engaging in such activities, disciplinary action may be initiated.
31. Each Hostel of Residence shall have a Hostel Executive Committee (HEC). The constitution of the HEC and its functions shall be as decided by the Competent authority.
32. Students shall not resort to ragging in any form at any place and shall abide by the rules/laws prescribed by the Courts, Govt. of India and the Institute authorities for the purpose from time to time.
33. The students should pay their mess charges within the first seven days of the month. If they fail to do so, a fine will be imposed at the rate of ₹ 100/day. Students may be expelled from the Hostel or Mess facilities or both, if the late fee exceeds more than 7 days.
34. Hostel inmates are supposed to take food inside the common dining hall only. Students are not allowed to take food in their rooms except in case of medical reasons.
35. Students are required to observe the mess timings strictly. They may not be served food beyond the prescribed timings.
36. Students have to pay 40% of the mess fee if the concerned warden has granted the leave (at a stretch) for more than 3 days and less than 10 days.
37. 100% waiver of the mess may be given to the students who are availing leave (at a stretch) for equal/more than 10 days with prior approval of the concerned warden with genuine reason.
38. Any other cases not mentioned/related to the above will be put up to the Competent Authority for further needful directives.
39. Students should not waste food.
40. Rules are subject to change from time to time.
41. The rules and regulations not covered above the decision of the Competent Authority will be binding on all.